Yup, summer is winding down.
So let’s start the Sunday Summary with a Big Question. I’m staring down a list of nearly a dozen projects for the site over the next few months, and I can’t decide where to start.
I’d love to know what you think would be the biggest addition to Appellation Mountain:
I’d like to tackle all of them – now, right now! – so this isn’t exactly an either-or situation. It’s just a question of which project comes first.
Thanks for taking the time to answer, and comments – and off-the-wall ideas – are always warmly welcome.
Now, on to the baby name news and such:
- Interesting to hear the oh-so-wise Malcolm Gladwell talk about his name. He likes it! And I like what he has to say about Malcolm.
- Did you think about the number of children you might have before you started your family? Did that inform the names that you chose? It did for us, even though we knew that we’d run out of go-to boy family names after our first son, and would have to get creative. (We could name girl octuplets from our family tree without difficulty.) In an older episode of 19 Kids and Counting, mother-of-many Michelle explains that they stumbled into their all-J name pattern when they decided on Jana and John David for their twins. The family also brainstormed more J names:
The Duggar J-name shortlist: Jefferson, Jerusalem, Joel, Jarvis, Jonah, Janelle, Justus, Janessa, Julie, Jenesis, Jasmine, Jericho … — Abby@AppMtn (@appmtn) August 6, 2014
But no, they’re not expecting – the baby that they were trying to name turned out to be Jubilee.
- Looking for a Sunday paper devoted to all things baby naming? You’re in luck.
- I’m a sucker for star names.
- And, while we’re looking up, For Real spotted a Cielo in Montana.
- Clare finds the best new baby name sources! But I’m most intrigued by her comment here:
- Another great list from Elea at British Baby Names – and I think these Lively Lads feel very British, don’t you?
- Yes, his name can be just Ted! It isn’t my style, but it definitely works for lots of reasons.
- Is Sia the new Mia?
- Flower-ish week made me smile, and Betony is definitely an under-used flower name.
Speaking of themed weeks, this upcoming week is 80s week at Appellation Mountain! So get your leg warmers and your jelly bracelets ready, because we’re talking Kyle, Lindsay, Justin, Amanda and more.
And for those who asked, yes! We’ll have a 90s week before the year is out.