So I’ve been doing more lurking, this time at Babyzone:
- Aven suggested for a boy, like Gavin without the G;
- McKelyn for a girl, but is that Makayla with an “n” or more like McHelen?
- Arayu for a girl, pronounced ah ray you to honor a grandpa Ray – only she’s not sure she’ll use it because “people tell me it sounds foreign.” You don’t say;
- Niveah, blurring the boundary between Heaven-spelled-backwards and the skin care aisle at Rite Aid.
And Babynamelover spotted a girl called Tuezdey. Shiver! I often wonder if the names I like are truly in the minority, or if there’s some dynamic at work on discussion boards. Do you only visit if your tastes run to the extreme, be it Cloelia or Haedyn? Or do you mostly lurk if you fall somewhere in between?
Names that caught my eye that I quite like this week:
- I loved Names4Real’s ABC Girls list: B is for Bellamy, I is for Imogen, W is for Wren;
- Swistle raised the idea of Middleton as a baby name. Middle can imply mediocrity, so I would’ve called it a non-starter. Except. Kate Middleton puts a whole other spin on the name. Of course, Diana never did experience the renaissance I would’ve expected;
- Since we’re on semi-celebrity news and Diana is on this list, too, check out The Frisky’s Ten Baby Names for expectant stylist/reality star Rachel Zoe. Since he’s Rodge, I wonder if they’ll stick with an R name – Romy, Rufus, Rowan, maybe?
- While I have R-names on the brain, they’re one of the 14 thought-provoking trends Namberry called earlier this week;
- Oh, and back to the royal wedding – sure, we’re skipping way ahead, but what will the next heir to the throne answer to? Paula Bernstein at Babble’s Strollerderby is thinking maybe Frederick or Matilda.
In celeb news:
- Chris Daughtry and his wife welcomed twins Adalyn Rose and Noah James, a little sister and brother for Hannah and Griffin;
- Former Bachelorette Jen Schefft welcomed daughter Mae Elizabeth. She did not meet her husband on the show.
With the end of the year just weeks away – really! – Baby Name Wizard is taking nominations for the Name of the Year. Snooki is getting some early attention, so go vote for her – or shout her down!
And having just made a Jersey Shore reference, I think I’d really better go do something productive. Maybe I’ll read some improving literature and try to pay attention to something other than the characters’ names.
Thanks, as always, for reading, and have a great week – and, if you’re in the U.S., a Happy Thanksgiving! There’s no post planned for Thursday, but I’ll be back on Friday.