Happy Valentine’s Day!
While we’re talking Valentine’s Day, I wrote about rare girl names the mean love – and your additions to the list are great! Amoret is probably my favorite, but I think it would only be a middle name possibility for me.
Now, on to the non-hearts and flowers name news:
- A huge congratulations to the wondrous Anna and Waltzing More than Matilda for five years of blogging success!
- The Name Lady shares some excellent tips on sibling name patterns. I’m divided on patterns – in theory, I find them unappealing. But I’m forever discovering ones in real life that work beautifully.
- While we’re elsewhere in the English-speaking world, British Baby Names has birth announcements for a Constance and a Florence Christobel. Swoon!
- Some fabulous, February-inspired baby names from Bree. Love the idea of Primrose, and maybe even Fevrier.
- Ooh, I like Embla. But then, I love names like Lorna and Elska with lots of unexpected consonant combinations.
- I agree with Romper’s Autumn Jones – it’s not the end of the world for two children to share the same name. And yet, I doubt that we’ve heard the end of name theft accusations.
- Namespotting: a guy named McKay. It reminded me of this Nameberry post: New MacBaby Names for Boys.
- I’m the least relaxed person ever, but I do like the names on this Brit + Co post about peaceful baby names.
- Emily has songs about Joe up this weekend. And I shared this pic on Instagram on Friday!
- The lovely Clare at Name News has been pulling together the top names in various parts of France. Some fascinating finds, including one place where Tom – just Tom – is trending.
- Love names + hand lettering? Meg’s Pinterest board is for you.
That’s all for this week! As always, thank you for reading – and have a great week!