It’s fascinating to spend so much of my time in a niche that didn’t even exist just a few years ago.
- Let’s open up with two timely names from Nancy: a baby named April Fool, and another girl named Lottery Lament – except Lament is her married name.
- No, Hunger Games names are NOT going to be huge. Yes, there will be a few girls called Katniss – maybe a few more than Renesmee. But Twilight doesn’t get credit for the popularity of Isabella and Jacob. There’s a whole post in this …
- I’ve been addicted to Anna’s posts about the Bonds Baby Search. Some of the girls’ names are fabulous – Fidelia, for one and I like Xara, Havana, and Bo Louise, too. Others are over-the-top – Akira Swansea Phaeowyn, Jypzee-Lee …
- And from her boys’ list, I’m fond of Alex Egidio and Magnus, but Jylen Zeppelin-James and I’m not sure what to think about Coda.
- Love Bella Betty Jean, London Josephine, River Grey, and Ramona Gertrude from this Names4Real post.
- Which reminds me, will the London Olympics boost London as a baby name? I’m inclined to think so …
- This Upswing Baby Names challenge has me intrigued. I guessed Virginia, but there were some other interesting guesses.
- From Nameberry this week, I remain fascinated by Galatea and Bessica.
- Design Mom has a give-away from Paloma’s Nest. Not only are her creations terribly stylish, but the names on her site are gorgeous: Luc, Daley, Laurel, Arthur Eliot.
That’s all for today. As always, thank you for reading, and have a great week!