“Hi. Awesome name!’
I kind of think he knew it, too.
Just hours later, I came across an amazing blog post from Aela Mass about her friend’s home birth. (And seriously, Kathy seemed calmer while giving birth than I am on the average Tuesday.) The photos are gorgeous, but I’m especially drawn to the names – big brother Arlo and new addition Kinder. I love the sound of Kinder, and Kin feels like a super cool short form.
Elsewhere in baby name news:
- Oh, how I love the name Maeve.
- Coolest papal name ever = Lando.
- Nancy goes myth-busting, proving that porn stars have names just like us.
- Multiple middle names seem to be on the rise according to Angela’s poll at Upswing Baby Names. I’m a fan.
- Okay, Irish Central calls Cara an Irish name. I stand corrected.
- Have you voted in March Madness? The girls’ round has Elodie with the slightest of leads, while Archer is definitely pulling ahead in the boys’ match-up.
- What a great list from Blue Juniper! We’ve definitely seen some of these in birth announcements. Jareth is probably my favorite.
- Piper is such a great name! But I agree that it is a little bit of a challenge to match. I like Swistle’s suggestion of Piper and Paisley, but Paisley feels flimsy to me. I’m not sure why – she has as much history as many a surname, and I’m completely fine with Bailey and Riley and company.
- Funny how your opinion changes the very second someone you like uses a name. A (distant) family member by marriage just welcomed a son called Madden. No sooner did the newborn pics appear on Facebook than I found myself liking the sound of the name, nevermind the football references.
- Wow, remember the family with the kids named Alex, Axel, Xela, and Lexa? They’ve welcomed baby #5, a girl named Xeal. Maarten listed the remaining possible combinations the couple could consider for future children. While they’re definitely running afoul of some of my How Close is Too Close? guidelines, I think they chose four great letters to work with. Is there any other set of letters that yields as many reasonable names?
That’s all for this week, but tell me: have you spotted any great names? Unusual finds? Knock-your-socks off cool combinations?
As always, thank you for reading + have a great week!