I’m always extra excited for March, for obvious and logical reasons. First? Spring! Warmer weather and longer days are always welcome.
But secondly, it’s March Madness here at Appellation Mountain. No basketballs required. Instead, we pit the top sixteen baby names for boys and the top sixteen baby names for girls against each other in a bracket-style competition to crown the favorite baby names of 2016 at Appellation Mountain.
You can read up on all the past winners in these posts – and most importantly, vote in the opening round of the 2016 competition!
- Vote in the Opening Round of Boys’ March Madness Baby Names here.
- Vote in the Opening Round of Girls’ March Madness Baby Names here.
Now, on to the baby name news:
- BIG congratulations to Nancy on ten years of blogging baby names!
- And a very happy fourth blogiversary to babynameobsessed!
- You know how we often tell families that they don’t need to continue baby naming themes? The flipside is that you absolutely can choose to continue a theme if you wish to do so. This family is a great example – they’re sticking with presidential names for baby #4, after realizing that their first two children had created a theme.
- Check out this sibset from British Baby Names’ latest birth announcements post: Cecily Prudence Joy, Primrose Carole Enfys called Posy, Albert Joseph Thomas called Bertie, and Florian Timothy Nicholas called Laurie. Gorgeous!
- Huh. Today marks the beginning of International Celebrate Your Name week. That sounds like a holiday I can get behind …
- Gorgeous list of French names inspired by the sea, found via Clare’s scoop.it page. Poema is completely new to me.
- Who knew there were so many baby names starting with Y?
- Lots of great formal names for Cal. I’m a sucker for Calder.
That’s all for this week! As always, thank you for reading – and have a great week!