Happy Sunday! Er … on Monday.
- Place your bets! The bookies are already guessing what Meghan and Harry will name their firstborn.
- Duana says that River and Rain are too close … but what is the right name for a sibling for River?
- Okay, I’m really liking a couple of the names on this list.
- Happy tenth birthday, Nameberry! Tons of interesting data here.
- A story of a kid called Sparkle. But not really. And I think her real name is marvelous. (Found via Clare’s ever-informative Scoop.it page.)
- Sibset spotting in British birth announcements: Felix, Hugo, and Ophelia. Lovely!
- I’m not watching The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix – at least, not yet. But a reader pointed out how great the names are, so I’m sure it’s only a matter of time. Characters include Theodora, Hazel, Nell, and Poppy. I’ve yet the original Shirley Jackson story that inspired the movie, but it’s been ages. I’m not clear if all of the names appear in the original, or if the plot is expanded beyond the original. Any know?
- Here’s a fascinating phenomenon: the kira-kira names of Japan. They’re extra cutesy choices, like, say Pikachu. Or Piano!
- This is the story of the week: powerful boy names, happy girl names. When it comes to modern word names, we choose very different concepts for our sons and daughters.
That’s all for this week! As always, thank you for reading – and have a great week!