The week ahead is one of my favorite weeks of the whole year: Celebrity Baby Names Week!
I’ll be writing about some of the new names put on the map by celebrities over the past twelve months, but I’ll also be awarding superlatives for the year. It’s not quite a best-of list, but neither is it just a recap.
Curious? You can read previous years’ lists here:
The lists are incredibly fun to make – and I always love hearing the names that you love best, too.
- No spoilers, promise – but the Gilmore Girls revival on Netflix failed to reveal the name of Sookie’s third child! I’m crushed. Any guesses? After all, she and Jackson used up all their favorites for Martha’s middles.
- So excited that Names 4 Real spotted an Isabeau! It’s one of my favorite obscure names. Also on that list: Bastian, Bruno, Lua, Rourke, Sicily, and Benjamin Danger!
- When you’ve given your first daughter a masculine name, do you need to stick to the same style for a future daughter? I say yes, and I think Swistle has some rock-solid suggestions for this family.
- On a similar note, you should never be shocked when your family disapproves of your child’s name. It’s just the way it goes! And Iris James is all kinds of gorgeous.
- Time to nominate Names of the Year for 2016!
- You know all those great lists of guilty pleasure names? Here’s one from Filipa, meaning it’s in Portuguese. Some swoonworthy GPs here! Loving Coralia, Gael, and so many others.
- Some lovely baby names for the Christmas season, via Ireland – meaning the first few are truly unusual Gaelic imports. Found through Clare’s marvelous Scoop.it page.
- Duana strikes again! This is SUCH good advice. Especially know your style, but step outside your patterns. Also, I rather hope they use her suggestion of Blythe.
That’s all for this week. Check back for all things celebrity baby names beginning tomorrow, and have a great week!