- Make Me a Supermodel Season Two is now showing on Bravo. Contestants included Salome, Sandhurst (he’s from Trinidad and Tobago) and Mountaha (she’s from Brazil.)
- In more Bravo reality television news, The Real Housewives of New York City cast now includes Kelly Killoren Bensimon. Her daughters are Sea Louise and Thadeus Ann, nicknamed Teddy. Dad is Kelly’s former husband, French fashion photographer Gilles Bensimon. And if his name sounds familiar, it is because he’s been on America’s Next Top Model.
- No, M.I.A. has not named her son Ickitt. She also hasn’t revealed his real name. Fine. I’ll wait. *Huffs. Taps foot.*
- Gossip Girls’ Matthew Settle (he plays uber-cool dad Rufus) has welcomed daughter Aven Angelica with wife Naama Nativ. I’m stumped on Aven – is it a twist on Ava, or a cross-cultural name I don’t recognize?
- Niki Taylor has welcomed a daughter named Ciel. As in the French for sky, and also heaven. (At least, the Lord’s Prayer in French begins something like notre pere qui art ou ciel … Our Father, who art in heaven …) I must say, I find Ciel far classier than Nevaeh.
- Lastly, I couldn’t find it on TLC’s official site, but I seem to think that I’ve caught a preview for Table for Twelve, the new (or revamped?) series about the Hayes family of New Jersey. They’ve got ten kids – two sets of twins and sextuplets. The kids names are: Kevin, Kyle, Kieran, Meghan, Ryan Peter, Connor James, Eric John, Tara Rose, Rachel Ann and Rebecca Mary. I don’t know anything more about the family, but couldn’t resist the list.
- Check out Moniker Madness’ list of alternatives to classic masculine names. Part One is here and Part Two is here. It makes for creative thinking!
That’s all for this week. If you’re in the US, enjoy the extra daylight and thanks for reading!