It’s the last Sunday in 2012! Are you ready to ring in the New Year? My Predictions for 2013 Baby Names are posted, and I have champagne in the refrigerator, so we’re about as ready as it gets.
The name news towards year’s end always tends towards lists, but there was quite a bit of interesting other stuff in the name ‘verse this week:
- British Baby Names profiled Georgina as the name of the week. I’m a huge fan of all the feminine forms of George, including Georgia and even Georgette. I’m always surprised Georgina isn’t more of a hit.
- I am the least crafty person to ever follow the Honest to Nod blog, but I’m in it for occasional sightings of great names, like this one – Clyde!
- True story: when I walk places by myself – which is often – my brain almost always starts generating possible name combinations for multiples. The answers to this question at Nameberry was like strawberry ice cream! Freya55’s answer was one of my favorites: Rosalie Memphis and Lucille Clover. Classic and edgy, all at once. But little_cupcake’s Octavia Snow and Isadora Maple were a close second.
- Ooh .. they used Marigold! It’s such a great name.
- Seren is big in South Wales. That’s an exciting #1 name.
- A comprehensive list of celebrity births from the past year – what are your favorites? I’m wild about Caspian.
- My daughter’s Christmas gifts included a teddy bear named Zylie. In 2011, ylie remained a big piece for girls’ names: Kylie was the most popular, followed by Rylie, Brylie, Mylie, Khylie, Rhylie, Skylie, Tylie, Wylie, Xylie, Lylie, Shylie, and yes, Zylie. Color me surprised at Tylie.
One last random thought: how lost do I get in the Baby Name Game forum at Nameberry?
That’s all for now … thanks for reading all year long, and wishing you a happy, healthy, and prosperous 2013!