How was your holiday weekend? It’s always hard to believe that another year is drawing to a close. I’m looking forward to reading year-end round-up posts, like this slideshow of celebrity baby names at Huffington Post. Which reminds me, I have a few of those to write myself …
- Did you see Name Sociology’s Facebook post about Belgian DJ Pat Krimson’s new daughter Troy? It’s quite the unusual choice, but their explanation makes it strangely charming.
- What do you think of Halo? Is it too much meaning for a name, or a logical successor to Harlow?
- Does the hundred year rule really apply? Namefreak’s series on the Top Names of 1911 continues to ask the question.
- I’m really hoping this couple settles on Holiday. It’s a bold name, but not an outrageous one.
- Did you notice Posy Fay in this birth announcement round-up? I love Posy, though I’d use her as a nickname for Josephine.
- Abraham Lincoln continues to get lots of screen time with the successful biopic out this month. Do you think Abraham will catch on? Or is it Lincoln that will be get the bigger boost?
- I’m calling Ellery for the girls. What do you think?
- A new baby Royce at Swistle. I think Royce is really catching on – he owes something to Bentley, and a little bit to Roy, too.
- Light was in the Nameberry pop cloud early Sunday morning. Does he belong with the list of modern virtue names?
As I’ve been holiday shopping at Etsy, I’ve been pinning some great name finds. No surprise that I’m a sucker for a personalized gift. A few things that have caught my eye:
- Personalized plates from Rosie Posie Designs. I haven’t ordered these before, but I have high hopes for the two I’ve ordered this year.
- This cupcake apron from Tiny Green Apples is one of my go-to gifts. Clio has one, and so does her cousin Rachel.
- My kids refuse to get personalized backpacks, but these tags at Angie Cherry Hi are a great way to keep track of their stuff.
- Personalized beach towels always come home from camp.
- These capes have been a huge hit around here. You can customize the initial – or not.
- This is my go-to teacher gift.
- I’m seriously considering buying one of these for myself. Despite my attempts to carry more stylish bags, I think I’m probably more inclined towards the utilitarian.
- For the second year in a row, I’m stalking Bebe Snicklefritz. Great shop name, gorgeous designs. But indecision reigns. Maybe next Christmas …
I still need a great gift idea for an 8 year old girl … I’ve gone with personalized note cards in years past, but I’m stumped this year. Maybe a personalized jewelry box? This one caught my eye …
Tell me: are you into personalized gifts? Do you give them? Like to get them?
As always, thank you for reading – and have a great week!