It’s finally (I think, I hope) spring here! And ’tis the season for all sorts of birth announcements. We’re expecting the blockbuster of 2018, of course – the new Cambridge prince or princess – any day now. May will bring the new US names data. (I’m already crystal-ball gazing.)
But this week gave us three fascinating stories:
- Khloe Kardashian welcomed her first child, and she chose a truly great name – which happens to have family ties, too. That makes Khloe the third sister in her reality show family to welcome a daughter in 2018. No question – for me, True is my favorite, over Stormi and Chicago. (I suggested True as a name for Kim and Kanye way back when they were expecting Saint – but I had no idea about the family connection.) If you’re all about modern virtue names, I’ve got a whole list here and more here.
- Model Coco Rocha welcomed a son named Iver Eames, a little brother for Ioni James. They’re quite stylish choices, but they don’t feel over-the-top. And with Ivy so popular for girls, I can imagine Iver catching on for boys.
- And, of course, we have to talk about Finley Sheboygan. He’s the fourteenth brother born to Schwandt family! The middle name isn’t about the Wisconsin city. Instead, it’s from the phrase “she boy again.” The story goes that a Native American chief used it for his youngest child’s name when he, also, welcomed a youngest son into a family of all boys. Talk about going big in the middle spot!
- We’ve been matching twins’ names since at least the sixteenth century!
- Jimmy Kimmel convinces people on the street that the royal baby was named Treacle, Dumbledore, Vermouth …
- Unusual names inspired by the most popular first initials for girls’ names, from Baby Name Wizard.
- You cannot name your baby Pirate in Iceland. (Actually, that’s Pírati.) In the US? It’s allowed, but it’s never been given to five boys or girls in a single year of birth. But I found it on a few baby name sites, so who knows? Maybe there’s a little Pirate out there …
- So many lovely girl names ending in -ina!
- What if you give your kid the wrong name? The discussion here is great.
- More celebrity baby name predictions from Sophie! So excited for Kate Hudson and Cardi B!
That’s all for this week! As always, thank you for reading – and have a great week!
Leave a Reply