The big news: I have the Moana production baby names! But I haven’t had a minute to put those into a graphic just yet, so look for them next week – or maybe a little sooner. I’m a Disney fan, and a Lin-Manuel Miranda fan, and a Dwayne Johnson fan, and especially a girl-goes-on-adventure-to-save-the-world fan, so I fully expected to enjoy it. But I thought it was truly, honestly spectacular.
While you’re waiting for the Moana names, here are a few links to production baby name posts from other Disney and Pixar flicks:
- Finding Dory Production Babies
- The Good Dinosaur Production Babies
- Zootopia Production Babies
- Inside Out Production Babies
I feel I should go back and watch some of the other movies and complete the collection. I’d have hours of watching, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing!
- Have you seen the Starbucks original series from The Simpsons animators? It’s call First & Main, and the first episode is all about searching for baby names based on what the barista calls out.
- Loved this quote: Call me terminally hipster, but I’ve never understood the backlash against giving kids “weird” names. While I understand that it’s a little unorthodox, the fact that people get so jazzed to hate on somebody’s name just boggles my mind.
- Tremendously fun facts about American names, via Mental Floss. Like, almost 63,000 people have names that rhyme! We had a family friend called Sally Alley – her married last name – and it forever delighted me. (Actually, she was all around awesome. The name just added to it.)
- I’m intrigued by Senga.
- One of my favorite lists of the year is the Baby Center in Spanish Top 100. While these numbers are not official, they can be influential. If a name has appeal to English and Spanish speakers – especially if it feels like a good crossover name – it could be a future Top Ten. Look at Liam and Sophia, Isabella and Noah.
- Is Gypsy acceptable as a given name? It strikes me as edgy and cool, with a great, unexpected sound – but potentially offensive in a problematic way. Thoughts?
- An Edward called Teddy? Swoon!
- Such an interesting Q – and some updates! – at Duana.
- I am totally loving #namemas. So many unexpected choices, like Crosby!
- Do you have an Elf on the Shelf? Is it named Buddy? We’re elfless – we have other crazy traditions – but I’m always tempted to bring one home just to name it.
- The Sherlock baby has a name! (Spoiler alert.)
- So does the Big Bang Theory baby. (Again, spoilers!)
That’s all for now! As always, thank you for reading – and have a great week!