Happy Valentine’s weekend. We’ve had a bumper crop of starbabies this past week:
- First, there’s the surprisingly restrained Sarah Brianna from KISS’ Paul Stanley;
- Then there’s the nickname-named Charlie Axel from Tiger Woods. Since his daughter is Sam Alexis, I suppose they pair together well. But I just can’t imagine not putting Charles and Samantha (or Samara) on the birth certificates;
- Kevin Costner and his wife welcomed another cowboy-in-training, Hayes Logan. Big brother is Cayden Wyatt. Apparently, Hayes comes from an upcoming movie role for Kevin. That seems a bit risky. What if it flops like Waterworld? He hasn’t named any of his kids Mariner;
- M.I.A. delivered a healthy baby B.O.Y. Sorry. Couldn’t resist – nor could anyone else online! No name has been released yet.
In other news:
- If you haven’t already checked it out, go review the Valentine-themed names at Nameberry. I thought they might be joking when they mentioned Jetadore.
- Then I checked out Nancy’s Baby Names and her list from Alberta, Canada. Sure enough, there’s a Jetaime! Also a (male) Gonzo and a (female) Harloquinn. Shudder.
- Speaking of shuddering, the six older Suleman kids names are: Elijah Makai, Amerah Yasmeen, Joshua Jacob, Aiden, Calyssa Arielle and Caleb Kai. Elisabeth did a nice job explaining the octuplets’ names, but Bek gets points for being the first to post them in a comment – thank you! The six boys are Jonah, Jeremiah, Josiah, Makai (or is it McCai?), Isaiah and Noah; the two girls are Nariah and Maliah. I’m not sure, but the girls’ names might be spelled NaRiah and MaLiah. (I’ve been squinting at the website.) Guess we’ll know for sure when they get a book deal;
- A piece of site news – I’ll continue to post Names of the Day seven days a week through April 30. After that, I’m cutting back to Monday through Friday. As the site grows, keeping up with comments and email takes up more and more time – and frankly, it’s the most fun! I hate looking at comments and realizing that I’ve missed out on great conversations. 🙂 Plus, this will give me more space to work on some draft articles that are gathering dust.
Speaking of other articles, visit Nameberry on Friday. (As if you don’t visit all the time anyhow.) I’m scheduled to guest blog!