If you’re in the US, I’m sure you know that it is Super Bowl Sunday.
I’ll confess that my primary interest in most sporting events is checking out athlete’s names. There’s a great post on Nameberry listing some interesting choices from football rosters. I’m a sucker for Edgerrin – the name, that is. I’m rooting for the Steelers.
In other news:
- Apparently we won’t learn the names of the recently born California octuplets unless the media is willing to shell out big bucks. Yes, I realize it is unbearably shallow of me to hear a story like this and wonder about the kids’ names. But you already know how I spend my free time.
- Elisabeth at You Can’t Call It “It” ushered in the Year of the Ox with a surprisingly long list of appropriate picks. My favorites? Warwick for boys and Demeter for girls. But really, wouldn’t you just love any parent who chose a name based on their child’s Chinese astrological sign?
- In starbaby news, Patrick McEnroe and Melissa Errico announced that their twin daughters were born – back in November! The girls are called Diana and Juliette and join big sister Victoria at home.
- Sex and the City’s David Eigenberg – Steve, the man who convinces Miranda to move to Brooklyn – and his wife have welcomed a son named Louie Steven. No word on whether that middle name is a tribute to his character. And nope, that’s not a typo – apparently they’ve opted for Louie instead of Louis.
- American Idol Season Two contestant Carmen Rasmussen has welcomed a son called Boston. Unlike Trenton or Easton, the city has only positive associations for me; that said, I keep hearing Brad Delp singing “Don’t Look Back.” Maybe I’m showing my age. 😉
Lastly, am I imagining things, or is there another new baby name blog out there? I was sure someone mentioned launching one in the comments this week, but try as I might, I can’t find it! Please let me know if the blog roll is short by one and I’ll correct my error. 🙂