The big news of the week? Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck have welcomed daughter number two. But they still haven’t revealed her name! If you haven’t voted, check out the Nameberry blog contest.
In other news:
- Clio started spending a few hours at our church’s childcare center this week. Among her classmates? Mabel, Ida and Adrian.
- CBS Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent Lara Logan’s new son is here. The name caught my eye because he’s Joseph Washington V. The fifth! And you though there was pressure to pass down your husband’s name. 🙂
- With just nine days to the inauguration, life inside the Beltway is getting interesting. If you didn’t read them back in November, check out stories about new babies named Barack and Obama here, here and here. Michelle, Sasha and Malia have all inspired namesakes, too.
- I’m not quite sure what to say about Lisa Bonet and Jason Momoa’s new son’s name – Nakoa-Wolf Manakauapo Namakaeha Momoa. Nakoa apparently means warrior in Hawaiian; Namakaeha is passed down from Dad. So it’s rich with meaning, but such a mouthful. Their daughter is Lola Iolani – positively tame by comparison!
- TeamSugar asked Are Four-Named Babies the Newest Trend? Most commenters agreed that there are plenty of valid reasons to choose two middles, but the voters seem to favor sticking with just one.
- Earlier this week, Babycenter released their Top 100 names of the year, based on searches at their site. Emma and Aiden took the top spots!
- Paris Hilton intends to name her firstborn London. Someday.
- Just for fun, Paige’s Page has a list of names from the world of Barbie.
Lastly, if you have any ideas for boys’ Names of the Day, please leave a comment or drop me a line at appmtn (at) gmail (dot) com. Girls’ names are welcome, too, but I’m short of boys’ suggestions at the moment.