Are you new around here?
Appellation Mountain has recently been featured in the debut issue of Matilda Magazine, an online magazine all about names. Better still, there’s content between editions on the Matilda Magazine blog! I’m writing baby name consultations, like this one. You can read the magazine online.
You’ll also find me in the latest edition of Pregnancy and Newborn Magazine, along with the bloggers from Swistle and You Can’t Call It “It.” What great company!
If you’re visiting the site for the very first time, you might want to start with the articles:
- In Defense of Atlas and Apple: Ten Reasons Unusual Names Aren’t a Problem
- In Defense of Emma and Ethan: Ten Good Reasons to Use a Common Name
- What’s Your Name Again, Kid?
- The Katnisses: Part I and Part II
- The Hermiones: Part I and Part II
Of course, the majority of the articles here are in-depth profiles of names, names that come from readers just like you. If you’re interested in suggesting a name to be profiled, you can use the link here. The best part isn’t necessarily what I write – it is the candid, thoughtful comments from so many fellow name enthusiasts.
Thanks for visiting!