I’ve heard there might be a football game tonight. What can I say? It’s just not my sport. If you’re into the gridiron, Nameberry rounded up the best names from this year’s match-up. My favorite football name of the moment remains Dak, as in Prescott.
Also in major, headline-making news? Beyonce is expecting! That alone is enough to make my 2017, but news that she’s expecting twins? Whoa!
I thought about suggesting baby names for Bey and Jay, but I’m siding with Lena here: they’re gonna blow our minds. Blue Ivy isn’t a universal favorite amongst name enthusiasts, but I’ve always appreciated the way it seems to be rich with personal significance for the couple without being too over-the-top.
Elsewhere in naming chatter:
- More celeb names I’m curious about: what is Russell Wilson hinting at here? He and Ciara are expecting their first together later this year. Ciara’s son from a previous relationship is named Future, so this could be another bold choice.
- The Shanghai Daily shares thoughts on the changing landscape of Chinese baby naming. Interesting fact: by custom, you cannot give your child the name of an elder.
- I’m semi-obsessed with British Baby Names’ latest edition of Name Musings. Euros, Caben, Bohemund. What a list!
- What’s hot in Sweden.
- A good reminder from Duana that everyone defines “unisex” names differently. PS – Love the idea of Juno as a sister for Keaton.
- How did I miss National Feed the Birds Day? Ren looked at some great bird names for the occasion. It’s one of my favorites categories. Here’s my round-up!
- So many gorgeous forms of Beatrice!
That wraps up this week’s edition. As always, thanks for reading – and have a great week!
Leave a Reply