It’s the last Sunday Summary of the year!
Tune in tomorrow for my list of all the best 2018 baby name posts. But for now, let’s look at what’s happening everywhere else online:
- Duana tackles that enduring question: what will my mom think? It’s so easy to be dismissive of this question, but Duana nails it: often we’re wondering if our mom is right about this, as she’s been about so many things …
- Laura names BBQ Becky 2018’s Name of the Year. Such a good analysis here.
- Isobel Jacquetta and Rosamund Victoria Jane and more great birth announcements from British Baby Names. Always a delight to read!
- The end of the year means the start of most popular name lists. Here’s Jamaica – I’m intrigued by Kaira. And Scotland’s provisional list is here.
- Swistle namestorms some bold middles. I think Victoria Starling is just about perfect.
- Names that mean holly and ivy in other languages.
- Thoughts on embracing a unique name. Loved this!
That’s all for now. As always, thank you for reading. Have a great week – and a happy new year!