Are you naturally organized? I’m not, but I grew up with a mother who makes the average 5-star general look like a slacker. Enter Real Simple. My mom doesn’t need it, but I’ve subscribed since the magazine first launched. This week, a spin-off called Real Simple Families landed in my mailbox. And the names of the kids! It’s like standing on the playground in Prospect Park, only I don’t have to guess at spellings. Noteworthy sightings included:
- Kira (g) and Talis (b)
- Maxime (g) and Nico (g)
- Monty (b) and Lane (b)
- Shai (b) and Sander (g)
- Georgia (g) and Caleb (b)
- Milo and Alistair
- Peter, Owen, Graham, and Ford (4 bs!)
- Bryn (g) and Dashiell (b)
Just about as hooked as I’ve long been on For Real Baby Names, but this post with not one, but two girls called Gypsy? Love it. There’s a Gypsy Mabel and a Zelda Gypsy Jane. In truth, I have mixed feelings about Gypsy. Is it risque? Disrespectful? Both? While my rational mind could never use it, I still love the sound.
- So exciting to see Muriel profiled – and praised!
- Nancy goes to Toronto and finds some fantastic appellations.
- Isadora goes to the opera and considers Turandot.
- Lou defends the nickname-trend. It isn’t for me, but she makes some good points.
- How about Midori? Too boozy for a baby name?
- Thank you, Sister Miriam Gervase.
- Oh, a baby Fergus!
That’s all for this week. As always, thanks for reading – and have a wonderful week!