When I thought about writing a Sunday summary, I worried. Would there really be baby name news every week?
Here’s the report for the week of January 18:
- First, reader Inbal has welcomed her daughter, Talia. Congratulations and all the best to the family! Talia will be Name of the Day on March 7.
- In Starbaby news, the big story was Seraphina Affleck. (Nope, no one guessed it over on Nameberry!) Other celeb kids joining the world include singer Charlotte Church’s son Dexter and Biggest Loser host Allison Sweeney’s daughter Megan Hope.
- And then there’s Huckleberry. When Dad is called Bear and spends his professional life filming a television show about surviving in inhospitable climes, I guess we shouldn’t expect him to call his boy Jack. But still.
- I’d never suggest you name a daughter after a contestant on VH1’s Rock of Love. But Season Three contestant Constandina has quite the interesting appellation. I can’t decide if she sounds like a pasta sauce or the next Garner-Affleck baby.
- You’ve probably already found this, but I couldn’t resist linking to Baby Name Brainstorm’s 7 Species of Middle Names. Food for thought!
Lastly, if I you suggested Names of the Day and I’ve yet to reply, my apologies! I plan to catch up later this week.