Here’s my absolute favorite thing to get in my email inbox: birth announcements. There were two last week, complete with pictures! I really, truly appreciate them and won’t pass them on unless you expressly note that I can share them here. Thank you!
Speaking of birth announcements, I was scrolling through a random list and found a bunch of interesting ones: Bellarose, Amelka, Zella, Nico, Jamerson. No, that’s not a typo. (I checked twice!) With ends-in-er names catching on and hoop star Jimmer Fredette inspiring parents, what could catch on next? Brenner, maybe?
In other news:
- Here’s a look ahead at next week’s Names of the Day: Marlon, Circe, Greil, Humphrey, Emrys;
- And a look back, too – in 2009, Barnaby was featured. In 2010, it was Hera;
- Names currently suggested for Alyssa Milano’s son include Destry, Gaston, Kenai, Jax, Darrell, Javier, Kennedy, Vittorio, Emmitt, Maddox, and Colt. My pick for them would be Dante – Italian, to go with Mr. Alyssa Milano’s surname, Bugliari, but still quite current.
- Amethyst: a possible successor to Ruby?
- Loved this post at Nameberry on Israeli Baby Names. I was surprised at the long list of unisex names. The author, Hannah of A Mother in Israel, was kind enough to answer my question. Apparently there’s not any controversy over using a gender neutral name, though “many parents prefer a name associated with one gender.” Interesting;
- Move over Jason and Mason! ForReal spotted a newborn Tason;
- BabyNameWizard asks if Justin will remain forever young;
- Via Nomes e mais nomes post on the Grand Ducal family of Luxembourg: there’s an Imre in this generation, plus one of the princes married a commoner called Tessy. She’s now Princess Tessy;
- Is she a baby or a weather prediction? For Real also spotted a Rainy May.
It was a quiet week for names in the news, but we did welcome Sage Ann and Kellan Clay, twins for news anchors Kyra Phillips and John Roberts.
Funny, because I’d recently asked on my Facebook page if Sage was more suited for a girl or a boy.
In other celeb baby Wipeout co-host John Henson welcomed a son, Jackson Wright.
Tomorrow at Nameberry: Rock’n’Roll baby names inspired by the recent additions to Rock Hall.
As always, thanks for reading and have a great week!