And just like that, our first round of March Madness Baby Names 2022 is over.
The first set of match-ups – all eight of them! – always brings a few surprises and disappointments. And maybe a Cinderella story or two.
Let’s look back at last week’s competition:
- Vera upset #1 seed Navy, claiming over 76% of the vote to advance to the quarterfinals.
- Alessandra trounced Oakley, with more than 75% of the total.
- With over 72% of the vote, Marigold swept past Noa. If you’re keeping track, that’s the third upset in a row!
- Marlowe squeaked past Betty. This was a close one – Marlowe picked up just under 53% of the total.
- On a similar note, Persephone bested Bernadette with a little over 52% of the haul. Once again, this contest was close – it could have gone either way!
- Maisie claimed over 75% of the vote, leaving Senna in the dust.
- Faye triumphed over Zuzu, with over 69% of the votes.
- In a victory for the Ella names, Zella advances with over 76% of the votes. Laken comes up short again.
How did your favorites do?
Every year, I have a guess about which names might win. And once again, one of my frontrunners got knocked out in the very first round! But that’s why we play the game, right?
And, of course, that means it’s time to vote!
VERA v ZELLA
ALESSANDRA v FAYE
MARIGOLD v MAISIE
MARLOWE v PERSEPHONE
Thank you for voting!
Polls stay open until Wednesday, March 16th. Please check back on Friday, March 18th to see if your favorites won – and, of course, to vote in the next round!