Hello from New York! I’m spending the end of August here in the big city. I’m working on something special that I hope I’ll be able to share in a few days.
In the meantime, though, let’s talk names!
- I walked through Saks Fifth Avenue earlier today. Irrelevant observation: my goodness, Jil Sander dresses? Cost more than I thought. Relevant, name-worthy observation: designer Alaïa makes me love the name.
- This is a fun puzzle for name enthusiasts: how do you honor four matriarchs with one child’s name?
- Love seeing the baby name data from Sonoma County, but I especially appreciate the list of one-off names: Amarilla, Edelweiss, Zinley.
- This is fun: How many Mets Fans Name Their Babies Shea?
- Love this essay on names from children’s fiction.
- Class lists are coming out! Spotted any great, gorgeous, or outlandish names on your children’s classmates this year?
That’s all for today. As always, thank you for reading – and have a great week!