So M.I.A. was all in a huff when sites reported that her son was named Ickitt, but it turns out that he’s actually named Ikhyd. Ikhyd Edgar Arular, to be exact. Which is obviously, clearly, very different from Ickitt. Ahem.
In other news:
- Emmy Jo did a great post on Names That Sound Like No Other;
- In the new television drama Kings, the monarch is called Silas. The name has already been on the rise. Could he be the next Elijah?;
- I was scanning through the Newsweek photo slideshow on multiple madness about famous sib sets born before the Gosselins. Check out the first photo – the sextuplets are called Jimme, Martina, Mary, Bernard, Cybil and Rita. My favorite grouping from the slideshow? Identical triplets – Dorothy, Iris and Myra – from the 1930s.
- Fine, yes, I’m still on multiples. TLC ran a special on the Ferrill Quintuplets – boys Landyn Konner, Layne Mykel and Drayden Karter and girls, Irelyn Kadyn and Kieran Skye. Quite the set!
- Nancy’s Baby Names has a link to the Name of the Year contest over at a blog about bizarre, but real, baby names. It’s an interesting read.
- Lastly, I spotted (adults) called Hansel at the baby store; Elroy at my garage and Philomene at my local Dunkin’ Donuts.
Have a great week, and thanks for reading!