American readers, are you ready for Thanksgiving? Readers worldwide, are you all set for a spate of Plymouth Rock-inspired baby name posts?
I’m a big fan of Verity – I once thought that I’d name twins daughters India and Verity. But lately I’ve been thinking more and more about modern virtue names. The unexpected choices that work surprisingly well circa 2012. After all, Grace and Destiny both rank in the Top 100 today. Friday’s post will explore that particular category – can’t wait to hear what you’re think of them.
- J’adore Emmanuelle. If Vivienne is fashionable, and Emme is a favorite nickname, why not Emmanuelle?
- Did you see this post at NameCandy on whether Reece is now too girly for a son? I like her answer. I tackled something similar at Matilda Magazine earlier this week.
- Lisa Milbrand celebrates National Adoption Month. Nicely said!
- This is how we name babies in Washington DC. Big on aspirational namesakes, not so much for whimsy.
- A fun, diverting – and not so difficult – quiz.
- Hollander, Axton, Lyra … and other thoughts on names from The Durango Herald. Though, no, we will not be meeting lots of kids named Kiefer and Anjanette. Unless things are different in Colorado …
- Brothers called Jace, Nate, and Zane. I wonder what they’d call a daughter?
- Maple is really growing on me, and Isadora makes a compelling case for her use.
- It’s time to nominate a 2012 Name of the Year at Baby Name Wizard.
Lastly, are you on Pinterest? Appellation Mountain is. I’m [email protected] It makes for a great place to share all of my finds for great names on personalized Etsy objects and great nursery name art at Project Nursery.
That’s all for right now – as always, thank you for reading, and have a great week!