This is all kinds of intriguing – check out The Board: An Unofficial Guide to The Bump’s baby name forum. First, because there’s great content. I watched Rant 55: All Your Kids Are Named the Same Thing twice. And, okay, I’m hugely flattered to be on their Best Blogs list. But it is especially interesting to see the conversations in a well-used discussion board rounded up and expanded.
- Now this is a great sibset: Ronan Joss and Carys Eleanor;
- I liked this Rookie Moms post about names from the J. Crew catalog and/or nature;
- Here’s a name I’m really liking – Agnessa, spotted over at Baby Names Garden. I’m not so sure about the premise of post, though. The names are terribly stylish, but if you’re raising your child in an English speaking country, you’re probably better off with Theodore or Richard than Teodor or Rikard;
- Yes, parents really are naming their daughters Aniston. It’s the new Addison, which was the new Madison, which was a cultural phenomenon that still surprises me. I might just have to profile Madison at some point – how did that happen?
- I overheard this one on Saturday: there’s a Swiss freestyle skier called Conradign Netzer. He’s been around for a while, but this is the first I’ve noticed his name. The sportscaster pronounced it con RAD eh GAN. Anyone know where it came from?
- In 2009, I wrote about Eben. And last year, it was Roxana;
- Nancy has the Most Popular Baby Names in Armenia. Narek tops the boys’ list, and Mane is most popular for girls. Neither seems like a promising import, but Milena is also popular for girls, and I’m hearing it here, too;
- Elisabeth spotted a Hendrix over at Ohdeedoh. I mentioned Hendrix in my most recent Nameberry summary, inspired by Oscar nominees. Is Hendrix the new Jaxon?
Which reminds me – stop by Nameberry tomorrow for the girls’ list inspired by Oscar nominees.
Amongst the famous, or at least famous enough to be mentioned in People Magazine over the last week:
- I’m still wondering about Zac Brown’s daughter’s name, Joni Mason. I do like a surname in the middle spot, and yet that’s another use of Mason for a girl – Kelsey Grammer and his Real HousewifeCamille have a daughter named Mason Olivia;
- Ziggy Marley welcomed his third child, a son named Abraham;
- I need to look this one up, but I think Jesse Csincask and Ann Lueders are the second Bachelor couple to marry and start a family.The pair recently welcomed a son, Noah Theodore;
- Late night host Craig Ferguson and wife Megan also welcomed a son, Liam James. Ferguson has an older son, Milo Hamish, from a previous marriage;
- And, this week’s big news: Christina Applegate and Martyn LeNoble are new parents to daughter Sadie Grace. If you’re looking for a name with the same style, but less expected, check out Sadie’s Sisters.
Tune in this week for Ziva, Winston, Abilene, Monserrate, Rachel, and a special Saturday post for a reader who is due quite soon.
Thanks for reading, and have a great week!