March Madness baby names 2018 continues with the girls’ quarter finals!
The opening round brought a few surprises. And, of course, a couple of perpetual disappointments. Why is Elodie always a bridesmaid, but never a bride? The name makes it to March Madness nearly every year, but has yet to win.
I think I might be able to guess the winner from this week’s result – but, to be honest, every year surprises me.
Time to review the results from the opening round!
March Madness 2018: Opening Round Results
- Anouk, an intriguing form of Anne, swept past Beyonce baby name Rumi, 52% to 48%.
- Sabine handily defeated Phryne, 85% to 15%.
- Botanical Marigold scored 52% of the vote, leaving Elodie with just 48% – and perpetual runner-up status.
- In the battle of the night sky and the silver screen, Leia garnered 58% to Vesper’s 42%.
- Eliza won the zippy-z showdown with 69% of the tally, against Zosia’s 31%.
- Literary Esme’s 59% put this rising favorite into the next round, instead of tailored Sloane, with just 41%.
- Sweetly, vintage Maisie earned a solid 59% to leave behind the similar Faye, at a mere 41%.
- In the second-biggest triumph of the week, Elowen bested Noa, 72% to 28%.
Let’s see which names continue to advance towards the trophy. Ready, set, vote!
March Madness 2018 Girls Quarter Finals: Anouk v. Elowen
Two rarities face off in this round: French-Dutch Anouk against Cornish Elowen.
March Madness 2018 Girls Quarter Finals: Sabine v. Maisie
Elegant Sabine faces sweetly vintage Maisie.
March Madness 2018 Girls Quarter Finals: Marigold v. Esme
Botanical Marigold or literary Esme? I predict this might be the toughest match of 2018!
March Madness 2018 Girls Quarter Finals: Leia v. Eliza
Is your style more Star Wars or My Fair Lady?
Voting will remain open through Thursday, March 15th. The winners of each match-up advance to the March Madness 2018 baby names SemiFinals on Saturday, March 17th. We’ll keep voting until we announce our winners at the very end of the month!