Happy Sunday! Some of you have noticed that the posts are still not all unpacked in their new home. (Though I am starting to feel like I know where things have landed.) If there’s a post that you’re particularly eager to read, please let me know, and I’ll transfer that month next.
On to this week’s name news:
- Did you see Nancy’s post on the biggest changes in the popularity lists? It might be the best way yet to spot the hottest names: Axel and Easton both made the boys’ list, and Zoey and Stella on the girls’ side.
- Marginamia’s name consult for Bessie’s boy-girl twins is sublime.
- Did you play The World’s Biggest Name Game at Nameberry this week? I couldn’t look away. If you missed out, you can still play in the forums.
- Is Boone catching on? I feel like he’s a logical follow-on to Cole and Bowen and the like, plus Dennis Quaid has a son called Thomas Boone and . ForReal spotted a Boone Elijah in Tennessee.
- Is George the new Max? Swistle suggests it could be so …
- Which reminds me, Happy Birthday to George Clooney. Surely he’s lending that classic appellation all the Hollywood leading man handsomeness George deserves!
- While we’re in Hollywood, have you seen The Avengers yet? My pick for the minor character name most likely to get a boost from all of these heroic blockbusters is Jarvis. He’s the name of the Tony Stark-invented computer system that helps him build the Iron Man suit, and he’s appeared in subsequent movies, all voiced by Paul Bettany. Comic book aficionados will recognize the name as a reference to Edwin Jarvis, back in the day when every playboy-by-day, hero-by-night had a butler.
- Angela at Upswing adds Amy to her list of Unfairly Dated Names. She’s right, but I have a hard time hearing it!
- Elea’s list of Slovenian Baby Names is absorbing.
- I’m tempted to go see indie flick Hick just for the character names – a teenaged Luli, Blake Lively as Glenda, Rory Culkin as Clement.
- I do intend to rush off to see What to Expect When You’re Expecting. In a movie with that many babies, surely there’s some decent nametalk.
That’s all for this week. As always, thank you for reading – and have a great week!