I had to look at the calendar twice to be sure – this is really the fiftieth week of the year! But of course, it must be! I’ve already run my Best Celebrity Baby Names of 2015, and reviewed last year’s predictions, too. That just leaves predictions for 2016 – coming up this Friday – and a look back at the most popular posts of the year, plus my revised name watch list.
And then … 2016!
For now, let’s take a look at the baby name news, some seasonal and year-ending, but most of it just plain fun:
- So #stormdesmond was trending in the UK because there was a storm named Desmond causing flash flooding. But it was happening at the same time the world was awaiting the name of Kim and Kanye’s new baby. And so … some assumed that the new celebri-baby was called Storm Desmond West. Honestly? I kind of love that name.
- While we’re talking about Saint West, did you see this? Dear Saint West: I Too Once Had an Unusual Name. I’m sure plenty of people with names ahead of their time can relate.
- And one more on that theme – I’m so curious to see which unusual word names at Waltzing More than Matilda are voted most liked. At this moment, Bear is in the lead.
- Because I love twin names – a list from Germany, via the always fun Name News!
- A long list of names that mean light from Sophie, inspired by Chanukah.
- Thoroughly enjoying this look at Cosmo’s name predictions, courtesy of BabyNameObsessed.
- Speaking of predictions, here are the Baby Name Wizard’s list, and Nameberry’s too. I contributed to the latter list, and now I’m really struggling to come up with my own list for this week!
- Now this is a fascinating question, and Duana has the so-exactly-right answer. Can you have a boy named Sioux?
- Nancy has a list of Ever- names for boys – there are more wearable options that you might’ve guessed!
- What preschoolers think their teacher should name her new baby. Casting my vote for Racecar Rooney if it’s a boy, and Wanda Strawberry if it’s a girl.
- But Rooney could be great. It’s one of many possibilities on this list at The Art of Naming.
- Because if you deliver a baby in a cab, obviously you have to name Uber, right?
- We took our kids to see A Christmas Carol today, and it has me thinking: is Marley an unexpected Christmas name?
That’s all for this week! As always, thank you for reading – and have a great week!